This excursion will take you to Essaouira, one of the most picturesque Moroccan cities on the Atlantic coast. Essaouira is our most appreciated and popular day tour because of the city’s relaxed vibe and it’s stunning scenery. The medieval city has an old Portuguese harbour and it’s Medina is a UNESCO world heritage site. You will be free to wander by yourself or you can request a local guide. Your driver can take you to the beach, where you can windsurf or enjoy a horse or camel ride along the golden sand. The Skala Kasbah has 19 bronze cannons that are positioned along the sea wall. You will also see fishermen in the famous blue boats at the fishing port. Essaouira has many art galleries with free entry in the Medina. The Medina has good-quality items and is charming because you can walk at leisure through it. You may wish to sample some seafood at the harbour stalls or at a restaurant. We can arrange a cooking masterclass for you, with a local chef, who will enhance your knowledge of Moroccan cuisine.
- Your driver will collect you at 08:00 am from your hotel or riad.
- On the way to Essaouira, we will visit an argan co-operative, if you are interested in viewing local women making argan oil in the traditional way and it is the best place to buy pure argan oil.
- We will drive past argan forests where, if lucky, you will spot goats climbing argan trees.
- Once in Essaouira, you will explore the city by yourself or with a local guide.
- Your driver will take you back to Marrakesh at 16:00.