On our day trip to Aït Ben Haddou and Ouarzazate, you will delve into another world, in another time. There is nowhere quite like the Kasbahs you will see. The colours from market stalls will pop out amongst the brown dwellings. The greenery will astound you and as well as the architecture. Welcome to a different kind of paradise.
- 08:00am pickup from your hotel or riad.
- Drive through the High Atlas Mountains and pass by Berber villages along the way, with the opportunity to stop for breakfast at a coffee shop with beautiful panoramic views of the mountains.
- Lunch at a traditional restaurant in Aït Ben Haddou (Berber: ⴰⵢⵜ ⵃⴰⴷⴷⵓ), a fortified village and a famous UNESCO world heritage site which is locally believed to have been established in 757 AD, however, the adobe buildings date back to the 17th You are free to marvel at the stunning architecture and explore the city by yourself or with a local guide. Many films have used this backdrop for historical scenes and it is considered to be the film capital of Morocco. Some examples of films made in Aït Ben Haddou are: Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia and Jesus of Nazareth.
- Drive to Ouarzazate with the opportunity to visit film studios, Kasbahs and walk amongst the palm groves.
- 16:30 departure to Marrakesh.