This tour will take you to historical and cultural sights around Casablanca, Rabat and Marrakesh. Along the way, you will view a mixture of Moroccan, French, Spanish and Jewish architecture. Casablanca is known for its Art Deco buildings and whilst touring you will view the masterpieces. Some of the highlights include the Hassan II mosque, which is the third largest mosque in the world. It also has the world’s tallest minaret. In Rabat, the capital city, you will see the Kasbah of the Udayas, which is a fort that was built in the 12th century by the Almohad dynasty. In the 17th century, Spanish muslims immigrated here and left their mark on the architecture. In Marrakesh, which is known as the Red City, you will visit the Saadian Tombs. The Saadi Dynasty ruled in the 16th and 17th centuries and 60 members of the dynasty are buried at this site. You will also visit Djemma el Fnaa, which is the main square in Marrakesh and known for it’s snake charmers, performers and snack stalls. Throughout the tour, you will visit Medinas, Palaces and meet with locals to learn more about the culture. In La Palmerie, you will be amazed by the date palms and enjoy a camel ride and meet with locals for traditional mint tea.
- 08:30am pickup from your hotel.
- Sightseeing at Hassan II mosque.
- Passing by Rick’s Café with photo opportunities. This is a recreation of the café used in the film Casablanca.
- Lunch will be at one of the many restaurants along the seafront, La Corniche.
- Visit the Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (also called Casablanca Cathedral), which was built in 1930.
- Visit Quartier Habous, also known as the New Town, built in the French in the 1930s. It has a mixture of French and Moroccan architecture. There is also a Jewish quarter.
- We will leave for Rabat, which is one hour away.
- Visit the Royal Palace and Chella, which is a World Heritage site, and is also known as the Roman Ruins.
- Visit the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the Kasbah of the Udayas.
- Drop off to your hotel, so you can relax.
- We will collect you for dinner at a traditional Moroccan restaurant.
- Drive back to Casablanca.
- Drop off to your hotel.